WPL Publishing Co., Inc., publisher of ConstructionPro Week (featuring Construction Claims Advisor), announces a valuable new interactive webinar:
[Approved for 1.5 AIA Learning Units]
Preparing and Evaluating Extensions of Time
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
1:00 – 2:30 PM Eastern Time
Evans M. Barba, PE, PSP, CFCC, PP
Chairman and CEO, Barba Consulting
Among the most challenging aspects of administering and managing the construction process is the ability of owners and contractors to agree on “Extensions of Time” in situations where a contractor has experienced a delay in the work attributable to a change or event. This webinar will provide you with an overview of the extension of time/time impact analysis process and discuss approaches to successfully implement these processes on your projects.
Attend this 90-minute, information-packed program to:
- Gain a more thorough understanding of the extension of time/time impact analysis process
- Examine extension of time/time impact analysis requirements and provisions within those requirements that can undermine their successful application
- Discuss Critical Path Method (CPM) specification language relative to the preparation of both prospective and retrospective extension of time/time impact analyses
- Recognize the good, the bad, and the non-existent extension of time/time impact contract requirements
- Learn the prerequisites to the performance of an extension of time/time impact analysis
- Utilize demonstrative examples to review the steps required to prepare prospective and retrospective extension of time/time impact analysis
- Discuss the essential aspects of preparing change orders, which grant a contractor an extension of the contract time
- And much, much more!
In addition, a 10-to-15 minute period has been reserved at the end of the presentation for an interactive question-and-answer session so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge.
Meet Your Presenter:
| || |
Evans Barba, Chairman and CEO of Barba Consulting, has more than 38 years’ experience in engineering, design, construction program and project management, contract administration, CPM scheduling and claims and disputes resolution. He specializes in providing construction program management and disputes resolution services on domestic and international projects.
Mr. Barba has directed hundreds of program management and disputes resolution assignments across a broad range of projects, testified as an expert witness, authored numerous works on program management and disputes resolution topics, and lectured internationally on these topics.
Mr. Barba is a Registered Professional Engineer (PE), a Registered Professional Planner (PP), a Certified Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP), and a Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC).
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is a must if you’re a contractor, public or private owner, subcontractor, construction manager, owner’s representative, architect, engineer or other design professional providing project oversight services. The webinar can also benefit the attorneys who represent these parties in disputes.
To reserve your space by PHONE, CALL (301) 765-9525.
Added Benefit: In-house training tool: Train your entire staff for one low price! There is no limit to the number of participants at your location. Gather around the conference room table, listen to the expert, then discuss how it pertains to your particular company. Don’t miss out on this fascinating webinar — sign up today!