Certified Payroll/Prevailing Wage Reports:
A Practical Guide to Compliance
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
1:00 PM EST • 90 Minutes
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
When a contractor makes the move from residential/commercial construction projects to government-funded construction projects, which have certified payroll reporting requirements, it can be overwhelming for the contractor, its office staff, and the accounting professionals who support them. This often complex requirement can lead to major problems, including non-approval of payment requisitions, denial of payment for change orders and claims, and contract termination.
This fast-paced, 90-minute high-level overview focuses on Federal WH-347 reporting requirements, which then can be translated to state-specific prevailing wage mandates. Certified payroll expert Nancy Smyth will explain the important details you need to know to comply with certified payroll requirements on your government-funded construction project. Don’t get caught in a prevailing wage nightmare; learn the ins-and-outs of certified payroll requirements, and get your questions answered!
Speaker is well informed on subject matter.
This was a very organized and well informative webinar.
This live, instructor-led, online training class will help you:
- Discover how to comply with Labor Standards & Payroll Reporting requirements
- Understand the difference between federal Davis-Bacon vs. state prevailing wage forms and which form applies
- Learn to identify and comply with various “electronic or online” certified payroll reporting requirements
- Learn how to complete a Federal WH-347 Certified Payroll Report & Statement of Compliance and apply this knowledge to state-specific requirements
- Learn various ways contractors pay the prevailing wage fringe benefit portion and how to report them on the final reports
- Evaluate methods for tracking employee time and work classifications
- Request additional “trade/work classifications” and wage rates
- Identify typical errors that require correction and what happens when things go wrong
- Learn common methods for creating Certified Payroll Reports, Statements of Compliance, EEOC, ARRA and Fringe Benefit Reports
- Automate these time-consuming, error-prone tasks
- And much, much more!
Who Will Benefit?
Contractors who are currently (or are interested in) contracting with the federal government, and who want to better understand and improve their certified payroll processes should attend. Certified payroll is everyone's business; gather your whole team, including:
- Payroll processors
- Office managers
- Business development experts
- Accounting and consulting professionals
- Union and non-union contractors
Get ahead of the curve – register your team today!
This event features key insights from our knowledgeable construction expert:
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
Nancy Smyth has been working with commercial/ government construction contractors for more than 20 years, with her primary focus being contractors using QuickBooks financial software who must adhere to ever-changing prevailing wage laws. As president of Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc., she is a key player in the development of several QuickBooks add-ons for the construction industry. She also writes the “QuickBooks for Contractors” blog.
Get your questions answered! A 10-15 minute period has been reserved at the end of the presentation for an interactive question-answer session so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
||Construction Claims Members
Member discount applies automatically at checkout.
|Construction Claims Non-members
|Construction Claims Membership* PLUS Webinar PLUS Download of the Recording and Handouts
|Registration Plus a Download of the Webinar Recording
|Live Webinar Only
as a Download
Gather your team for maximum benefit! Your investment is for one dial-in. There is no limit to the number of participants at your location. Don't miss out on the must-have information that will be presented — sign up today!
Can't make the November 14th webinar? Select an option above to download a copy of the complete conference recording to listen in at your convenience.